Our Commitment to Protecting Privacy of Personal Information
Technological growth has revolutionized the way businesses gather, use and disclose information. Emerging technologies require heightened vigilance in the collection, use and disclosure of personal information. We are committed to protecting the confidentiality and privacy of personal information we hold about our customers. This Policy reflects that commitment.
What is Personal Information?
Personal information could be used to identify a specific individual. It may include but not be limited to information such as your name, home address, phone numbers, e-mail addresses, web site URL, matches, reservations, absentee instructions and emergency contacts.
How Do We Use Personal Information?
We require your personal information in order to establish your account and we collect the information from you.
We use your personal information for the purposes reasonably required in order for us to carry on business, including the following:
- identify you;
- ensure our records are correct;
- record points for travel exchange;
- establish and administer your registration with us;
- dealing with an emergency through alternate contacts;
- ensure a high standard of service;
- create and maintain an effective business relationship; and
- send information to you.
Disclosing Personal Information
Situations where we may be required to disclose personal information about our customers or other individuals with whom we do business are varied. Some examples are:
- To Assist an Owner or Host: We disclose guest information to the owner of a unit when the guest has expressed interest (i.e. has completed a reservation) in booking the owner's unit.
- To Assist a Guest : We disclose owner information to a guest who has expressed interest (i.e. has completed a reservation) in the owner's unit.
- To Assist a Customer's Agent : We may disclose an individual's personal information to a person whom we reasonably believe to be acting as the individual's agent for the purpose of gathering that information. For example, we may disclose information to an individual's legal counsel if we are satisfied that that person is seeking the information at the request of the individual.
- To Facilitate Accounting Process : We may disclose information for the purpose of collecting on a debt obligation owing to us or that we owe to a referring service.
- To Protect a Person or Persons from Imminent Danger: To a public authority, or its agent, if we reasonably believe that the disclosure is required to preserve life or property from imminent danger, and it appears that the danger could be minimized or avoided by disclosing the information.
- Specific Confidential Situations : To third parties in connection with a proposed sale of part or all of our business. In such case, we will obtain the agreement of the third parties to protect the confidentiality of that information.
- For Legal Compliance : For law enforcement purposes and to the extent required to comply with legal requirements or regulatory orders.
Ensuring Accuracy of Personal Information
We will make reasonable efforts to ensure that your personal information is accurate and complete where it may be used to make a decision about you or disclosed to another organization.
You may request correction to your personal information in order to ensure its accuracy and completeness. A request to correct personal information may be made in writing and provide sufficient details to identify the personal information and the correction being sought. A request to correct personal information should be forwarded to the Privacy Officer.
If the personal information is demonstrated to be inaccurate or incomplete, we will correct the information as required and send the corrected information to any organization to which we disclosed the personal information in the previous year. If the correction is not made, we will note your correction request in the file.
Providing Access to Personal Information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to limited exceptions where disclosure would reveal personal information about another individual. A request to access personal information must be made in writing and provide sufficient detail to identify the personal information being sought. A request to access personal information should be forwarded to the Privacy Officer (or designated individual).
We will make the requested information available within 30 business days, or provide written notice of an extension where additional time is required to fulfill the request.
A minimal fee may be charged for providing access to personal information. Where a fee may apply, we will inform the donor and supporter of the cost and request further direction from the donor and supporter on whether or not we should proceed with the request.
If a request is refused in full or in part, we will notify you in writing, providing the reasons for refusal and the recourse available to you.
Your Options Regarding Personal Information
Please note that you may withdraw or limit your consent to our collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information at any time, subject to any legal or contractual restrictions. We will process and implement such requests within a reasonable amount of time. Please note that such requests may limit our ability to provide you with the optimal level of service or any service.
Questions and Complaints: The Role of the Privacy Officer or Designated Individual
The Privacy Officer or designated individual is responsible for ensuring Owner Direct Vacation Home Exchanges Inc.'s compliance with this policy. Donors and supporters should direct any complaints, concerns or questions regarding Owner Direct Vacation Home Exchanges Inc.'s compliance in writing to:
Owner Direct Vacation Home Exchanges Inc.
iTravex.com is a division of Owner Direct Vacation Home Exchanges Inc. Any references to Owner Direct Vacation Home Exchanges Inc. will implicitly include iTravex.com.